Horseback trekking in Tuscany
You dream of exploring the Tuscan countryside galloping along the trails around San Gimignano and Volterra? Come choose your dream trek at Riding Tuscany horse riding centre in Montaione. We offer various options to suit your time and expertise. Every horse riding trek is led by one or two guides for your comfort and safety.
- 1-hour trek: this is an easy trek in the surroundings of the riding centre on the slopes of the hills around Montaione. As soon as you feel comfortable we can do some trotting and galloping.
- 2-hour trek in the forest: you can explore the forest bordering the riding centre, trotting and galloping along shadowy tracks (the trek is suitable for over 14-year olds).
- 2-hour trek across the hills: you can slowly ride across the hills surrounding the riding centre. On this pleasant horseback ride you enjoy some beautiful natural sceneries of small lakes, wild meadows and you may also spot some wild animal (herons, pheasants, hares, dear and boars)
- 3 hour trek: explore the hills around Peccioli. A highlight of the trek is riding through a stream and spotting some local wild fauna. We will ride slowing to not harm the horses.
- 6-hour trekking: this horse riding trek takes you across the hills around Peccioli, through a stream where you may spot some local wild animals. We will stop for a nice picnic in the woods (this trek is available between 15/09 and 31/05 – minimum 2 participants).
- Full-day trek: a long excursion of your choice across the hills around San Gimignano, riding slowly for some 8 hours with a 2/3 hour stop for a hearty picnic (available between 15/09 and 31/05 – minimum 2 participants)
Horse rides for food and wines lovers: this trek is suitable for experienced riders over 14 years; it will last a whole day, or 6 hours, with a stop for lunch at a local farm restaurant and winery. You will enjoy the true Tuscan atmosphere and taste some local specialities and wine. One or two friendly guides will lead the way.